About the Awesome

This blog contains the random thoughts of an 18-year-old vocal performance major. Proceed with caution.

About Eric

My photo
Thornton, CO, United States

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Vests

For those of you who don't know, I am obsessed with formal clothing.

I love dressing up. Good thing, too, because I've gotta dress up for the numerous piano/voice competitions I participate in. Part of your score is your presentation, and how you dress is a fairly significant part of that score.

It's pretty legit, actually.

I used to hate dressing up, but I've learned to love it. I've also discovered my love for ties and vests. Speaking of vests, I was googling around (that sounded dirty... but you get the point) and I discovered this wonderful site full of vests that are also under $30 each. Those
are pretty good prices when you're looking at quality.

Since I want to keep things fresh, I've decided to wear the same tuxedo to this year's prom (which I hope won't conflict with Sound of Music), but with a different vest/tie combination. Here's a few of the vests that appealed to me.


The picture doesn't show it as well, but this one has a friggin' dragon on it. How awesome is that?I'll tell you. It's pretty awesome. The red tie just completes the deal. This one is $43, so it's not exactly cheap. But it's just so awesome. :D


This one's a bit plainer, but it's in my favorite shade of green. I was looking for a vest like this when I was singing "Wonderful" from Wicked in a musical theatre revue, but I couldn't find one in time. This one is perfect. Especially since I'm obsessed with the color green (even though I don't wear it every day anymore.) Plus it's significantly less expensive ($24.99) than the aforementioned dragon vest, though considerably less BA.


This one's more of a teal, which is one of my favorite shades of blue-green. Actually, teal is kind of the only shade of blue-green. But I like it regardless. It's a little less vibrant than the emerald vest, but since I like teal so much, I had to include it in the possibilities. This one's only $24.99 as well, so I'm leaning toward it. :)


This one is sky blue, which is a very pleasant shade of blue. I like it because it matches my eyes. Not really. My eyes are brown. But I like this one anyway, because it's a little easier on the eyes but still vibrant enough to make an important statement (the statement being, I can look good for cheap, because this one's only $24.99 as well.)


This one's probably my least favorite, for two reasons. Yellow isn't great looking on me, and for some reason, this vest is about $10 more expensive than the three previous vests. But it's gold, and I still kinda like it.

I also, for some ungodly reason, want a zebra print vest, but the site's being stupid and not allowing me to view the website where I could find it. So, just imagine me for now in a zebra-print vest. I think it'd be pretty freakin' awesome. But that's just my opinion.

I don't think I'm gonna do any more blogs with picture posts on them for a while. That was fairly exhausting. Stupid Blogger. :P

2 comments:

  1. eric, I like the green one because to me, it just says ERIC!!! and i like the teal one but a little less! haha but the green one says you and my favorite!!! :D

    Kyla

    P.S I am following your blogs btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you, Kyla! :D

    I'm glad that people actually read this. And I appreciate your contribution. It's between that one and the dragon one for me. Maybe I'll buy both... with my nonexistent money. :)

    ReplyDelete