About the Awesome

This blog contains the random thoughts of an 18-year-old vocal performance major. Proceed with caution.

About Eric

My photo
Thornton, CO, United States

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Salt

Mr. Salt.

That's me. :)

When I first got the call, I wasn't entirely sure of what to make of this part. My first thought was something along the lines of "That's not a very significant role at all. :(" I, along with several other hopefuls, was hoping for the role of Willy Wonka. I'm not gonna lie. I was a tad disappointed. But after a few hours of reflection, I've come to terms with the part, and I know I'm going to enjoy it.

Mr. Salt is going to be a very fun role to play. The father of the spoiled brat. And as far as I know, I'll get to speak in an English accent, which is just legit enough for me to be completely happy with the role.

Let's think of it this way. There were 75 kids at callbacks. Even more than that auditioned. I know people who couldn't even make callbacks. People who are talented. People who did well. There were 75 kids at callbacks and only 35 roles in the show. More than 50% of the kids at callbacks have nothing. Take the 40% who do. Half of them are chorus roles. People who might... just might... have one line. If that.

I feel very fortunate indeed.

Would I rather be Wonka? Of course. In a heartbeat. But will I enjoy this role? Yes.

And I'm gonna steal the friggin' show if I can. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment