About the Awesome

This blog contains the random thoughts of an 18-year-old vocal performance major. Proceed with caution.

About Eric

My photo
Thornton, CO, United States

Friday, September 17, 2010

Theatre Kids

I need to hang out with them more often. Be they the THS or NYT version.

There's something about theatre kids that makes them more valuable than other high school cliques. When I hang out with people who consider themselves more "popular," I end up wanting to shoot myself in the brain. When I'm with theatre people, I don't have to worry about being obnoxious or crazy, because I'm in good company.

We are also the masters of excellent inside jokes. I wrote an entire poem comprised of tonight's list of inside jokes. They have no been forever immortalized in the Facebook world.

(I also want to clarify that all of the same things can be applied to choir people. I just hung out with theatre people tonight, so they're kinda my point of focus right now.)

I feel most healthy with theatre people. Even if I barely know them, it's like we're best friends. We get each other. It's pretty legit, actually. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment