About the Awesome

This blog contains the random thoughts of an 18-year-old vocal performance major. Proceed with caution.

About Eric

My photo
Thornton, CO, United States

Thursday, September 9, 2010

College

It terrifies me beyond belief.

I have been applying for scholarship after scholarship (I actually just applied for the Boettcher... essays and all) and it still terrifies me.

If you have never met me or heard of me or ever breathed the same air as me, you might not know that I am into musical theatre... singing in general actually. Classical and Musical Theatre is my personal favorite (I'm not much of a pop singer... as much as I idolize Lady Gaga... :D).

So, the logical college choice for me is New York University. AKA My Dream School.

AKA The second-most expensive school in the country. Gahhhhhhhh.

Hence scholarship after scholarship after scholarship. It's ridiculous, actually.

If I can make it work, I will be happy. If I can't, I'll get through this. But unlike some things, if you want to make it big in music, where you go to school is very important. Colorado schools are not exactly known for churning out Broadway stars. I mean, they do happen, but I want to take opportunities if they present themselves.

On an unrelated note, I just auditioned for Willy Wonka today with NYT! :) I'm hoping that turns out well. Callbacks, should I be called back, are on Saturday. And yes, I'm going to do both this show (if cast) and Sweeney Todd (in which I'm playing the title character) at the same time. If only to prove to myself that I'm awesome.

It's 11:13 on a school night. I think I'll go to sleep now. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment