About the Awesome

This blog contains the random thoughts of an 18-year-old vocal performance major. Proceed with caution.

About Eric

My photo
Thornton, CO, United States

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Compact-Disc

I don't know how Lady Gaga does it. I just sang five songs to put onto a college audition CD, and I'm exhausted. If anyone's interested, here's a list of the songs on said CD:

1. Il mio bel foco (Marcello)
2. Pieta, Signore (Stradella)
3. Der Doppelganger (Schubert)
4. Beau Soir (Debussy)
5. The Vagabond (Vaughan Williams)

A fairly varied list of songs-- that's what I was aiming for. This way, any combination of these five songs will be enough for any college's requirements. The Manhattan School of Music, for example, requires three songs: an Italian song (1 or 2), an English song (5), and a song in either German or French (3 or 4).

This list was based on what a specific scholarship I'm looking at requires: An Italian aria (1), an English (5), two contrasting art songs (3 and 4), and a final song of my choice (2). I think I picked well. Il mio bel foco and Der Doppelganger show off my low notes, while Pieta, Signore shows off my high notes. Beau Soir is a slower song, which contrasts the rapid Vagabond. And these five songs should fit nicely into any college's requirements.

I'm so glad that I have this under my belt. This is arguably one of the biggest pains in the process college application of music majors. Now I can start sending them in and finishing my apps. (Though I still have to write essays-- including one for MsM that asks what fictional character I identify with. I kinda want to say Harry Potter. :D) Things are starting to fall in place. I'm pretty happy about it.

Additionally, my parents got me barbecue for dinner.

It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment