About the Awesome

This blog contains the random thoughts of an 18-year-old vocal performance major. Proceed with caution.

About Eric

My photo
Thornton, CO, United States

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Glee!

The season premiere of GLEE aired tonight, and I'm proud to say that I arranged my entire day around it, and, despite a few hitches with my family (apparently I couldn't wait until commercial to take out the trash... :P), I got to enjoy the majority of it. (Though I missed Finn's Cheerio audition, which is a bit tragic. I'll have to catch up on Hulu. NO ONE RUIN IT FOR ME!!)

One thing I noticed about this premiere was that it kind of plunged everything into a state of dismay. Finn's off football, the two Asians are going out, Artie's dreams are crushed (though he's used to that now), and Sunshine is off to Vocal Adrenaline. (PS... why did the other football player "transfer?" If I was a friggin' character on GLEE, I wouldn't give it up for anything.)

^^^ BTW SPOILERS ^^^

But, after some reflection time, that's probably the best way to begin a season. GLEE now has audiences hooked, and it will take an entire season (or at least half a season) to make things right again. It's taken the characters we've grown to love and ripped their lives up into pieces, and we're going to be right there ready to help put said pieces together. The season premiere was not as exciting or light as I anticipated, but I'm glad with what they did with it. I'm now, once again, shamelessly addicted to the show.

Regarding next week's Britney Spears themed episode, I'm on the fence. I do believe that Britney Spears herself is quite talented and her music is quite catchy (but all pop is...), and I'm glad to see that she has recovered from the bald woman with two babies in her car that she was. (SHE HAD TWO KIDS! HER HUSBAND TURNED OUT TO BE A USER. Yes. I've heard it.) But I'm not sure if she should be idolized like the GLEE cast is doing with an entire episode. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's just the fact that I am shocked that there hasn't been a Lady Gaga themed episode yet (I don't count "Theatricality" because there were some songs by other artists mixed in.) Maybe I'm just a bitter person. ;)

But anyway, if I had to say anything, I quite enjoyed the GLEE season premiere. While it wasn't quite what I expected, I certainly can't complain. And I will be there watching next week... on Hulu. Since I'll be missing it. (On a related note, come see me sing the National Anthem at the soccer game next Tuesday! ;D)

That's really all I had to say. I'm off to study chemistry.

2 comments:

  1. Some of us do have have such devices. :O

    But the God-given grace of Hulu may be my salvation.

    ReplyDelete