About the Awesome

This blog contains the random thoughts of an 18-year-old vocal performance major. Proceed with caution.

About Eric

My photo
Thornton, CO, United States

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mental Health

So. I took a day off today. I actually had a legitimate reason-- I had a doctor's appointment scheduled today for my eye.

The prognosis: Eric has a mild bacterial infection in his eye (NOT conjunctivitis. I don't appear to be contagious) and so he should use these special eye drops through the weekend and NOT WEAR CONTACTS.

Which means I will be wearing glasses to school tomorrow. Again. I figured I'd wait another six years before I wore my glasses to school (meaning, I'm allowed another bacterial infection in grad school) but nature failed to comply with my demands. That ho.

But I'm getting sidetracked. Today was also just a nice day to sleep in and relax. I pretty much did nothing all day. And I think I needed it. With everything going on in my life, it was nice to just take a day and pretend like I have no responsibilities. For a day, such trivialities as IB, college, scholarships, homework, or play rehearsal didn't exist. And I was able to watch TV like the teenager that I ought to be. (I actually did all of my homework last night, so I wasn't technically shirking on my responsibility. Though... I'm going to be busy until 8:30 tomorrow night, so maybe that wasn't such a good idea.)

I've used up my mental health day for the quarter. I don't think I should allow myself more than one per quarter. They're nice, but if I have to many of them, I'll just be screwing myself in the end. And Eric wants to go to college and be successful. :)

But it was worth it. I feel recharged and ready to take on the rest of the week. I'll need to anyway, since quarter ends next week and a certain Caucasian male has to get his Chemistry grade up. I'm hoping my labs will take care of it, but I'm not going to hold my breath. So far, I seem to understand organic chemistry. But again, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Here I am, talking about school again. You'll notice that "school" is a major topic in my blogging. It's pretty much the most important thing now. Second semester, not so much. But now. It's very important. I'm hoping that once I get over this metaphorical hill, it will be smooth sailing from here on out (with the tangible exception of the IB exams, but I'm going to pretend that they don't exist for now. Since I'm still technically on my mental health day.)

Well. It's 9:15, and I'm going to be a good little blogger and get to sleep, so I can get up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning. Adieu, faithful reader. Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment