About the Awesome

This blog contains the random thoughts of an 18-year-old vocal performance major. Proceed with caution.

About Eric

My photo
Thornton, CO, United States

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Eyes Eyes Baby

My titular allusion to pop culture is, of course, referring to the current irritation/infection/whatever-it-is-I-have-in-my-eye in my eye. It's gotten pretty bad, leading me to believe that it's more than just a stress-induced ruptured blood vessel, thereby nulling the significance of the post discussing that, but it was so artistic and well-done that I'm keeping it as it is, thank you very much.

So, I'm staying home from school tomorrow to talk to a doctor about it, and get some antibiotics if it is actually an infection (so yes... it is possible that I have pink-eye, a disease that I formerly thought I was safe from since I graduated kindergarten-- then again, I had an ear infection last year, so anything's possible).

I've been very wary of missing school this year, because, as any IB kid knows, making up an entire day of school can be VERY difficult, especially when you consider how many extracurricular activities I participate in. I'm also afraid of leaving the choir to its own devices, since I'm a leading participant in it (though, I am confident in their abilities, and they'll certainly have to function without me when I graduate, so perhaps this is a good exercise.) But, since tomorrow is Wednesday (or, as Ms. G puts it, "Stupid Day"), I figure I won't be missing out on too much. Which is always pleasant.

It's kind of ironic. Most kids would kill to have parents like mine who will sometimes let me have a day off without any real reason at all. The problem is, I don't want a day off for no reason at all. I, myself, am straining at the bit about missing tomorrow. If I didn't think a day off to see the doctor would be beneficial overall to my health and mental being, I wouldn't go.

I'm tired now. I think I'm going to go to bed now. This post is short, but brevity is the soul of wit. So get over it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment