About the Awesome

This blog contains the random thoughts of an 18-year-old vocal performance major. Proceed with caution.

About Eric

My photo
Thornton, CO, United States

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

So...

I've got this idea for EE. If I write, like, 300-400 words a day, my essay will be complete within two weeks. This would work, in theory. But I am not accounting for writer's block, or the fact that I'm still not entirely sure where this essay is going. I have a very rough outline, but is that enough? I have my doubts.

I would know. I outlined an entire 26,000 word book for my personal project, and even then I had problems writing.

But since this essay is a work of non-fiction (and is taken heavy donations from a kind old gentleman named Wikipedia, as well as the books I checked out from College Hill), it might be easier to write, since I'm not making things up as I go... at least I hope I'm not making things up. That would be an issue.

The Extended Essay did not fall on a convenient summer. I have much on my plate, and not much on the metaphorical plate has been fully consumed. Sure, I've taken bites out of the many bitter-tasting foods, but I am yet to actually consume an entire pork chop yet.

But at least I can find small mercies in my amazing ability to create metaphors.

That's all. Tune in next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment