About the Awesome

This blog contains the random thoughts of an 18-year-old vocal performance major. Proceed with caution.

About Eric

My photo
Thornton, CO, United States

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bananas!

Bananas are tied with pomegranates for the award of most obscure albeit comedic fruit. And they've been the focus of my last two evenings.

In case you are blissfully unaware of my life situation, I've been playing the role of Mr. Salt in NYT's performances of Willy Wonka. And it's been an absolute blast. I can't even tell you. To properly understand the glory of NYT, you must be in one of their shows. It's absolutely wonderful.

You may also notice that I'm posting this at 2:11 am on the morning of November 21st. (The blog might be stupid and say it's 1:11 am-- it thinks I live in California). This is because I've been up till 2am these past two evenings, decorating bananas.

Yes. Decorating bananas. Dear reader, you heard (or read) me correctly.

(Disclaimer: Since I'm typing this so late at night, I cannot be held responsible for anything in the content of this blog. Then again, I'm conscientious enough to include this disclaimer, so perhaps this disclaimer should be disclaimed.)

So me and three other great NYT friends (Dave Moyer, Ali "Baba" Bongiardina, and Christa Valdez) decided to participate in the traditional "Dress-A-Banana" contest that each show offers. The winner gets the products of the fine jar (probably around $3.) The only other show I've done at NYT is Aida, and I was too afraid to dress a banana back then. But we went all out, incorporating a total of six bananas into a diorama of our stage, along with bananas representing Charlie, Willy, Grandpa Joe, Mr. Salt, Mrs. Teevee, a stage techie (representing Ali), and an oompah-loompah (dedicate to Danielle Jackson.)

All this time, I've been thinking something along the lines of "Most teens who stay out this late on weekends are drinking or partying or having intimacy with every thing that moves." But no, we decorate bananas. And if we don't win this friggin' contest, I intend to sue God, because it would be obvious that He did something wrong in the creation of this world. ¿Sabes?

And with that, my dear faithful readers (all four of you... ;D), I bid you all a pleasant evening.

5 comments:

  1. This has all been way too much fun. Also, might I mention how incredible it is that you can write this way whilst being so tired?

    I hope everyone enjoys the fruits of our labors. And our bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You dedicated an oompa loompa to me instead of a cyclops??

    Even though you have failed to add the necessary cyclops to your bananananananana sculpture.... You still better win. Or else I will cry forever (..until I stop crying).

    P.S.- Eric... I am extremely disappointed of your night time writing skills... As you wrote "dedicate to Danielle Jackson" as opposed to "dedicated to Danielle "Moderato" Jackson... My ever so wonderful granddaughter.. Who is absolutely and undeniably perfect in every way known to this earth thus far". Although you were probably quite tired at the time... There is NO excuse (I reiterate for the benefit of your old, grandpa-esque hearing abilities: NOOOOOOOOOO EXXXXXXCCCCCUUUSSSEEEEE) for making such a foolish mistake, regardless as to whether your computer believes you to be situated in California or not. *is almost extremely ashamed of you*

    P.P.S.- Flamboyant quarters have feelings too!

    Racist.



    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.P.P.S.- I just realized that this blog is referring to me as "The" because it believes my name to be ""The DJ"... Just thought you should know that...

    Your Welcome.

    P.P.P.P.S.- Yes. I did mean "your" NOT "you're"... As that would be considered quite foolish.

    P.P.P.P.P.S.- The more P.S.'s I add to this... The more obnoxious my comments become... Again.. Your welcome.

    P.P.P.P.P.P.S.- O

    P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S.- B

    P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S.- N

    P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S.- O

    P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S.- X

    P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S.- I

    P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S.- O

    P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S.- U

    P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S.- S

    P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S.- Exclamation

    P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S.- Mark

    P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S.- !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle! Your flamboyant quarter made an appearance-- as a lollipop! And the awkward googly eye that got attached to it also made an appearance! On the quarter! So both the cyclops and the quarter made an appearance! :D

    AND WE WON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *is extremely undoubtedly ecstatic*

    ReplyDelete